Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Prompted by lucy's post earlier today. My turn to update!

We've been here for a month or so now. Last week saw my one month probation period end at work. I am now a full fledged game developy bumble bee (as according to lucy). This is a good thing(tm).

I'm currently developing levels for the killzone 2 online project. Thus far I have developed one level that has been approved and is currently undergoing full production. During the selection process for this level an argument occured between those present (minus myself) as they couldn't decide which of two level proposals was the better.

Ego boost much?

Thus I am happy with work. I feel the need to use the word 'hence' since It's been rolling around in my mind all day, hence I am writing this sentence - mission accomplished.

Today lucy and I agreed to move into a sharehaus (or shareflat) with two fellow designers from work, PJ and Steve. They are two rather quiet british lads. We'll be living about 20 minutes by tram from work and about 30 minutes from centraal (I know lucy has posted this already but this is my post - goddamnit!)

Moving on. This weekend we bought stuff! A few necessary odds and ends that people can't live without (speakers for my computer, a dvd writer, the complete scream series on dvd and world of warcraft game cards, and at lucy's request. pants)

Also this weekend we managed to get out of amsterdam by night, we journied towards Utrecht by train. We were actually heading to a club so I can't speak much about utrecht itself. On the way back we were accosted by several dutch youths. At one point I think I declared myself part of the dutch navy. The trick is to use as many australian words that nobody else knows the meaning of ('grouse' and 'schmick' are good weapons here) to confuse your enemy.

Yes. I will get you a sandwich.

In case people were wondering. I'm not foaming at the mouth or inhaled some strange dutch flora, i'm in a good moond! (deliberately mispelled as it sounds funnier).

Lucy and I are still unable to speak a word of dutch. Shame on us. No. Shame on you all for not teaching us dutch when it is obviously a dire essential for australian living. Something like that.

Thus ends my rant.

My affections to all those stuck in australia land where according to the dutch exists three things. Snakes. Spiders and Steve Irwin. Apparently he's not dead according to some dutch. Well, there you go. Send out the reconnaisance, he's doing a christopher skase on us!

Rant Over.

101000100110101110010101011...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home